Thursday, September 11, 2008

1 year in Champaign

I can't believe, 1 year ago today I was leaving DC...headed west toward Champaign. It seems just like yesterday. I know, I say that a lot. But my time in DC felt like years. But my time here in Champaign has left like weeks. Things have gone very well for me while I've been in Champaign. And honestly I can see myself staying here for a good amount of time.

Well I'd like to make a list of things I've done while being here...but I don't think I can remember it all...but I'll try.
*my first tri sprint (and probably the last)
*a number of 5k's, 2 10k's
*Chicago half marathon (well in 2 days!)
*lots of concerts with Leslie
*my first cards game
*first cubs game
*first U of IL basketball game
*trips to Chicago, STL, and Indy
*went to NC to see Kris and the family
*i went home multiple times!
*joined a cycling group
*joined a running club
*found a great softball team
*made some friends
*have had some dates, a semi-boyfriend
*part time job at WW
*bought a washer and dryer
*bought a new car!

There are things I do want to work on
*Making more friends...right now most my friends consist of co workers. And i'd really like to expand that. I just need some more "groups" to hang out with
*A real relationship...I'm getting sick of these relationships that last a month or 2 here and there. I really would like to find a nice guy that's my type to have a good relationship.
*A house down payment, I'm sick of throwing the rent away and living in a small space.
*Maybe a new laptop :)
*Running...I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy running!

Anyway, so all in all the year has been good. This is probably one of the best moves of my life, moving away from DC to Champaign. And as always, Ill take visitors! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck in Chicago! Love you, Mom