Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend 2009

This holiday weekend Dustin and I took off to Kansas for a VERY busy weekend. We arrived into Salina late Friday night, got up Saturday and Dustin helped his mom around the house. Around 1pm his sisters family arrived and I spent the rest of the day shopping with Lisa (sister). After that it was off to his 10 year reunion which was very awkward for me at times. :) In the end it was fun and Dustin was glad he went. Its just so crazy seeing people my age there with babies, and kids and being married and being pregnant. I have very really followed the crowd and I've always done whatever but being in that situation makes me wonder if I'm behind? But I don't think I am, just doing my own thing. Anyway, Sunday we headed out to the lake to meet his other friends and camped out. Believe it or not, it was my first time camping in a tent. But it went great and the weather was awesome! I could not have asked for a better first camping time experience. I tend to get cranky when I'm hot, so it was just right. We got up Monday morning, went back to Salina...watched bday presents get opened by his niece and ate bday cake, then hit the road for a long ride back. It was a good weekend! It made me a tad homesick for my friends and family, but that will be in a month, I'm so excited for Old Settlers!

Wilson Lake, KS




Our nifty tent!


Dustin and I

Its summer...my freckles are out.


The next morning getting ready for some breakfast

No comments: