Friday: We get into Tampa around 3pm or, I meet Tigh there cause he flew in from Omaha. We got to our hotel, checked in and such. The race had a bonfire that night on the beach so that was pretty awesome and we managed to drink ourselves a little silly that night. Which is always stupid with a race the next day.
Saturday: RACE DAY! I was freaking out cause once you get last in a race you think it can happen each time you run. So I was sure I'd get last again. But I didn't! I finished in 1:10 which was a minute better than my 10k in 2006. Race weather was good, it was foggy, 60ish and misting. After the race we sat around and tried to recover. The post race stuff was awesome, they had the best food and FREE beer! Thats right. That night we tried to venture out but the weather had other plans for us. Tornado warnings and lots or rain and wind. So the night was spent in the hotel room.
Sunday: So the sun was out today, great! WRONG. It was a high of 55 and as windy as could be. We tried to make the best of it but it just really made it hard to do anything fun. We just explored around.
Monday: Oh what do you know, the sun it out, at 10am the temp was already what the high was on Sunday and we get to leave today! Go figure. I wasn't too happy with the Florida weather. But we came to run the race and both did very well! Oh yes, Tigh kicked but and finished in 56 mins.
Here are some pics! PS. The race pics I'll get up later.

2 comments:
I know you know this but....those are some big sun glasses. I think I might start calling you Hollywood. Great job on your race. I'm glad you two had fun.
Thanks Kris!
Post a Comment