Not making excuses here, but the weather thinned out the less serious and sane athletes! Only the crazy and hardcore ones were left. I fall into the crazy category. The race began, about 50 of us, and I promptly found my place in last...where I comfortable stayed all race. :) The mile run is not my cup of tea, I can't run fast and I hate short distances, but oh well, not my choice. I did decent on the bike but the 3.1 miles left was really really hard. I had to walk/run it but oh well I did finish in 1:20! So that was fine by me. It was a really good time. All in all I am proud I did my first multi sport race and I'm crazy enough do attempt another one! At least the rain quit enough for the race and then started up again during the awards part.
The drive back to Champaign was interesting because I-57 had water running over it! So state patrol was letting cars go through one by one. It's a swamp around here and probably won't get much better.
Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:
Congrats on your first triathalon (bi athalon!). It will be nice to swim in the next one.
Good job on your triathalon! There is a LOT of water around there....it is kind of like around here. But we haven't had rain in a couple of days which is good! ~ Melissa
Post a Comment