Well Champaign has moved to the 3rd longest time I've lived somewhere. #1 being North Bend, #2 being Lincoln. Now Wayne could be thrown in there, but I never lived there more than a school year. I had 2 school years but always moved home in the summer. I lived in Lincoln for 5 years and North Bend for 19 years. Anyway, I have now been in Champaign for 9 months and let me tell you, it feels like a month. I can't believe how well I've adjusted here. I really like living here. Its a nice town, a nice state, and I'm fitting in rather well. After 9 months in DC I had kissed that place goodbye and was headed down the road with nothing but dust in the rear view. Since I've been here in Champaign I haven't really had the desire to leave. Anyway, things are going great. Tonight I'm headed out with the softball team to the Taste of Champaign. Which is a festival with bands and food. Oh and I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind, yesterday I signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon on September 14th. I'm insane.
On a more serious note, my best friend Melissa's sister was in a horrific car accident. She was life flighted to Creighton last Saturday and still is in a coma. So if everyone could just give a shout out in their prayers for her that she comes out of the coma and pray the internal injuries aren't too bad. Thanks!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really appreciate you mentioning Jennifer!! It means a lot. She is getting better and better everyday which is great!! I have the nephews for a week starting on Sunday....I think it will be good birth control. :) Again...THANK YOU!! ~Melissa
Post a Comment