The next day Eric had a party at his place and it was a big one. He had his friends from work, his friends from home, Leslie's co workers (my category) and some other friends. Luckily the weather was nice, and I was even wearing a hoodie at the end of the night. I rather take that weather in July than sweating my butt off.
Yesterday Leslie invited me along with Eric's friends to go out to Kickapoo state park. This is where Tigh and I went over memorial day. It was a great time. Turns out they have canoes, kayaks and tubes there to go on a river. So we canoed down the river and then around the lake. The lake was amazingly clear which was really weird. But I guess these lakes are pretty deep cause they used them for coal mining along time ago. Like 100 feet deep or so. After that we hiked a little bit, and then started a fire with some beers. Leslie and I left around 11 and came back to Champaign. The rest stayed out to camp overnight.
In other exciting news...I'm going home Wednesday!!!!!!!! YIPPY! I haven't been home since Easter and I'm really excited. I'm not so much excited about the drive, that always sucks. It seems like I was just home but it's been awhile. I guess time flies when you are having fun. Oh and my Chicago half marathon training is in full swing. I'm about 3 weeks in and quickly moving out of the "fun" zone. :) But I wanted a challenge and I'm gonna get it.
Well here are a few pictures from yesterdays canoe trip down the river...

No comments:
Post a Comment