Sunday, August 24, 2008

My birthday weekend!

This saturday I turned 27! Yup 27! Whatever, we won't get into how close I am to 30 now...this for sure means i'm in my late 20's, wonderful. Anyway, it was a great weekend. I have a bunch of great friends here and friends from back home. Friday night after work we (Leslie, Eric, Athena, Tim, Becky, and I) went to eat at Billy Barooz's. After that we went to Jupiters, which is a little more "barish" or something. They have pool tables and outdoor seating. The two brothers from my softball team showed up and 2 of their friends. My co worker Mike came also, and my old co worker Charlie and his wife. Anyway, I was doing ok with my beer until one of the brothers mentioned that they recently played P&A...which is a drinking game called Presidents and Assholes...which was my FAVORITE back in the day. Well one of them went home, got cards, and came back. I couldn't remember how to play but after 1 practice round, I smoked all of them (all guys by the way) and was president for the next 5 hands! :D It was a great time. However the next morning was not. I was quickly reminded that I turned 27, not 21 due to the severity of my hangover!!!!!

Anyway, Saturday a group of us went to Kickapoo and went tubing. The water was pretty low, but not like the Platte River. We ended up walking a bit of it, but it was good time. I think we got back to Champaign by 4 or so. I was so spent I didn't even want to venture to the sweetcorn festival in Urbana. Yes you heard that right...sweetcorn. I took a shower, open my cards and gifts sent in the mail and took a nap! I went to bed decently early because I had to get up and run 9 miles today. And I did. And I kicked its butt! I just love it when I have good runs like that, I was in such a zone at miles 5-7 I really thought I could run 26 miles. ;) Maybe I got inspiration from watching the marathon from the Olympics or something. So a day after turning 27 and I can go out there and kick out 9 miles. I couldn't do that 2 years ago. It was a great run!

All in all I couldn't of asked for a better birthday weekend! Last year was pretty lonely in DC, I didn't do anything and didn't really have friends. Its crazy how things change in a year. Thanks to everyone that sent gifts, card, text message and called!!
Becky and I at Billy's

Eric and Leslie

Athena and I

Eric and Tim


Mike, Leslie, Becky

Andrew, Becky, Me, Eric, Leslie, Mike

Relaxing after the tubing

No comments: