Sorry I have totally been slacking off on the blogging. Things have been slightly busy around Champaign. Work is starting to get more interesting...they are finally using my GIS skills and I really like it. I finally feel like I am of somewhat value to the work place and not just a peon. About two weeks ago my boss sent me and the computer guy from our building to Chicago for a seminar. And I think I get to go to another 2 day conference in a month or so. My GIS class is going well. The prof is kinda of a weirdo. I like the class set up...no tests, no homework, its taught as one big lab but you never turn anything in. All we have is a class project at the end of the semester and he wants that done by the end of November so it doesn't interfere with finals. So I should be done then.
My running has completely taken a turn south, along with my working out all together. I guess after the half marathon I took some time off...going on 3 weeks now. But I think I've devised a schedule that should work, not as much running and more weight training. I think I'm setting my sights on a April 11th half marathon right here in Champaign! How can I pass one up in my own backyard?
I've really loved the fall weather, fall is my favorite time of year! I love the crispness, I love the smell of it, I love football!, I love the changing colors, I love fleeces, I love getting up in the morning and freezing my butt off cause I didn't close the windows at night. Its just the best! However, I don't like the allergies it brings and the shrinking daylight...but those can be over looked.
I'm very excited for this weekend. Jamie and Renae are coming to visit and hang out with Dustin and I. We are going to tailgate and then go to the Illini football game on Saturday. Hey, its not the Huskers but I bet they win! :) As for the Huskers I don't think I need to see another bloody massacre again, thus I won't be making an attempt to watch much of the TT game. But I'm still a Bo-liever! It will just take some time.
Anyway, I will be back after the weekend to post some pictures!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment