Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

I went home for Easter, it was the first time I had been home since Christmas. And I was excited cause I got to drive my new car home! It made the ride much more enjoyable, I love my ipod hook up. Anyway...this is my weekend.

Thursday: Left Champaign at noon and got to Lincoln around 7:30. I met Tigh and Nikki for dinner, we ate, then just went back to the apt and sat around.

Friday: Got up, worked out (after Tigh made me feel back about skipping out on running w/him). Then I went to run some errands around Lincoln. After that I had lunch with Tigh and Nikki. Then I went to the baseball game! It was awesome. I love Husker baseball! My mom brought my grandparents down and my brother went as well. When the game was over I headed to NB and went out with Melissa that night.

Saturday: I met up with Jimmy for lunch at Gambinos, then we went to Fremont for him to buy stuff. We swung by his grandparents cabin and really wanted to go fishing but didn't take any of our gear. Oh well next time. That night Christina and I went out for a few beers.

Sunday: Family day. We went to my grandparents...thats always interesting. Then hung around home with the family. Played some pitch and beat Jamie!

Monday: I took off from NB around 9am and got my hair done. I had lunch with Tigh again and hit the road.

Its always good going home. It still makes me kinda homesick, but no where near going home from DC. I do wish I was closer to my friends and family, but for now Champaign is treating me really good. I've been here 6 months already! It seemed like that took forever to happen in DC. I was already applying for this job at the 6 month point in DC. Well anyway, I'll post pics later, I left my camera at home, its in the mail.

No comments: