Thursday, March 6, 2008

I GOT A NEW CAR!

Well friends, yesterday was a big day for me. I bought my first car. I can't believe it. I had been looking at Mazda 3's for a good year now. I knew that was what I wanted and I had a good idea of what I could afford. So I found one on the internet in Bloomington, IL. Yesterday Becky and I take off and get to the dealership. Of course everyone is kissing our a$$es. Well they set us up with this 22 year old guy, Matt. He says, here are the keys, go start it up, I'm gonna grab plates. Sure thing Matt! I get in the car, look down...3 pedals. Sh**!!!!!!!!!!! I look at Becky, uh? She goes didn't you know this? No I didn't! I pulled out the print out and nothing was on there. So he comes back, I said yeah we have an issues, I can't drive a stick. He goes yup, I thought that when I came back and it wasn't started. Matt says, well lets go learn. I'm thinking whatever dude!

He takes us to some huge parking lot and I give it a go. And I actually didn't kill it off the first try! So around and around the parking lot I go. Then he goes, how about a hwy? Ok sure. I'm out on the hwy, doing my thing, its good. Then he says, how about lights? Alright, that sounds tricky. I did and it went well!

Back to the dealership we go. After about 1 hour of dealing, I bought it! Totally un-Shelley like! I am not compulsive, I usually take forever to buy big things. It took me a week to buy the washer and dryer. I told Becky as we were driving there that I would NOT buy a car that night. Wrong. It was the right price, the right fit, it's awesome! And I'm driving a stick!!!! Who knew. I made it to work today in one piece and was actually enjoying it, I think i was meant to drive a stick. Anyway, here's a pic of it!


No comments: