Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Asheville and earthquakes!

So this past weekend I went to Asheville to see Kris, Lyn, Paige and Claire. It was a great time! I really wished I lived closer to them. Hopefully I can get back to see Claire before she is walking! Here is my weekend...

Friday: 4:43am I am awakened by an EARTHQUAKE! In Illinois? Uh yup. I wake up to my bed shaking like crazy, I thought someone was in there shaking my bed really hard. So I woke up and just laid there. I had never been in an earthquake before. I didn't know what was going on. Turns out there was an 5.2 magnitude earthquake 100 miles south of here. It was unreal and a feeling that was completely different. Anyway, I couldn't sleep and I had to get up around 5:15am anyway to get to Indy. I got to the airport and made it to Greenville, SC where Kris and Paige picked me up. Paige was hilarious, as I walked around the corner to greet them I gave Kris a hug and Paige goes "we are waiting for aunt Shelley!!" I said " I am aunt Shelley!" She had to think about that one for awhile. That night we hung out at the house and went to bed early.

Saturday: Got up to rain, that wasn't fun. But when it cleared off Kris and I headed downtown. There were lots of little shops to look at. We had lunch down there. After that we headed back and Lyn and I took a hike on some trails which was cool. That night we went to their park for a cookout thing but it got rained out, so they postponed the band until Sunday night.

Sunday: We went to eat at Pisgah Inn and had some good views. After that we headed back and Lyn and Kris went to Lowe's for his massive tree house project. When they returned Lyn and I hit up the mall. That night we went to the band in the park and it was a nice night. A little brisk but no rain so thats good.

Monday: Got up and watched the girls until noon. I was a little nervous but all was good. I can multi task pretty easy and that was what it mostly was. Paige is old enough to mostly entertain herself and Claire is still amazed by toys in front of her. So yup, I did pretty good. After that Kris and I went for a bike ride thought the Bent Creek park area. It was awesome! I thought I hung in pretty well for my first ride. We had a decently steep (for me) climb. And the way down, I thought I burnt out the breaks. Then he took me on some little single track routes, those were a lot of fun. I think I'm hooked, I'm gonna try to find some trails around here. There is a state park nearby so I'll be going there. We left for the airport to catch my 6:30pm flight. Well I didnt leave until 7:30pm and I missed my connecting flight and didn't get into Indy until 12am and got home at 1:45am. I'm not even going to go into how much I hate flying. I'm pretty sure I put a post on about that last year.

Anyway, it was a great trip and so much fun, I must get out there again sometime soon! Thanks for the good time guys!

1 comment:

The Fun Park said...

We were glad you could make it. The girls had a great time with you. Come back soon and we can do some more riding.