Sunday, April 6, 2008

A wonderful spring weekend!

Champaign finally got some good weather! I swear, this spring has been rain and clouds and more rain and more clouds. We had maybe one day above 60 this spring. Well finally we got an awesome weekend. It was in the mid 60's both days and no wind and no clouds! I spent a lot of time outside this weekend and realized I missed a couple things. First, I finally had a GREAT long run. I woke up Saturday morning and was so excited the sun was out, I was running by 11am. My initial plan was to hopefully run 5 miles cause next weekend I have a 10k. To my surprise I did awesome and ended up running and extra mile, 6 miles! That is always a good thing when you run further than you think. I went for a little drive later that day but not much more.

This morning I woke up all excited about the weather again. So I went for about an hour walk, came back, had lunch and went to softball practice. I am on a team this summer and I'm extremely exited. Oh that is the second thing I realized I missed. I met these people through Leslie's boyfriend's (neither are on the team) friend. I had only hung out with his friend once, but the guys were really nice. I was the only girl that showed up and we shared the field with like a 50 or older's men team. Which was pretty hilarious. I think I impressed them with my hitting skills. Then this afternoon I went for another walkie at a park in Urbana. Anyway, its funny how you forget how much you enjoy something until you do it again.

The grass is also getting pretty green...after winter you forget the grass is green! I just hope it stays springish for awhile, no 80s or 90s right away!

Oh, me and the new car are getting along great, I've had it for a month now! I'm still loving driving the stick. And I think I'm getting a little too familiar with it now and might find myself it trouble if I don't slow down. But its just so fun!

No comments: