Friday, December 19, 2008

My sick pity party

I'm sick. And I'm having a pity party for one. No matter what you say, it won't make me feel better until I feel better! I'm know for this...for a huge pity party when I'm sick. I get all over emotional and cry and get ticked off. Its all apart of the territory. And this time is no different. It all started Thursday morning at 430am when I woke up feeling iffy. Well I woke up for work and I was for sure not going to work. I'll keep the details to a min but I threw up most the morning...once again in the afternoon. I just laid on the couch all stupid day and tried to sleep it off. The only time I felt really good was last night watching the Husker volleyball game, what a game!!

I thought I would be able to work today or at least go in at noon...wrong again. I got up and slowly got ready. Around 11:30 I left into the slushy mess. Oh yeah last night we had a huge ice storm. By the time i went out this morning things had warmed up and were melting but it was still a mess. Anyway, I went to my mailbox, apt complex office and the post office, then work. By the time I got to work at noon I was spent. What gives?! I stayed there for about 45 mins and decided it was not worth it and left. I missed the work holiday party...oh well. Word on the street was there was a chocolate fountain there. Anyway, I'm mostly worried I won't be able to drive 10 hours to KS tomorrow. I hate it when I get sick mostly cause I can't control it. I have control issues. :) And being sick throws a huge wrench into all my plans. I can't function normal during the day. I've managed to get the gifts rounded up, my old monitor and my clothes laid out on the bed. Then I needed a little rest. Next step is putting the clothes in the bags. I have 4 hours to accomplish that.

If I feel better tomorrow morning I'm off to Dustin's in Kansas. I'm very excited for break but I just wish I felt better. So then I could be normally excited and not be worried about feeling icky. So thank you everyone of listening to my pity party! This was a nice outlet and hopefully my next post will be full of Christmas cheer!

No comments: