Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I made it back after a VERY long week on the road. Dustin and I traveled through 5 states all together. Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas. That was pretty much the order as well. It goes like this...

Wed: We left his house around 11am and arrived in NB that night. Jamie, Renae, Dustin and I went over to see grandma and grandpa's new house and visit with them. It's always good to see them. After that the family went out to eat and then Dustin and I met up with Christina and Kelly for a few beers.

Thanksgiving Day: Woke up and turkey trotted! Christina and I ran our annual turkey trot in Fremont and my mom and Renae went along to watch. It was a good race. I didn't get last like the first year and it wasn't cold! My initial goal was to try to finish around 20 mins...a 10 min mile pace. But then I quickly realized during training that wasn't gonna happen. So I wanted under 22 mins. I ended in 20:50! Closer to 20 mins than 22 mins. Christina finished in 19:05 so she was extremely happy with that. After that we went home. I helped mom cook the whole big ol dinner. We all ate and then that night the grandparents came over for some cards.

Friday: Woke up and bought a new laptop!!!!!! Thats right my friends, I have a new spankin laptop headed my way. I can't wait! Anyway, back to Fremont for some shopping with mom and grandma. Then back to NB where we watched the game till halftime. Then Dustin and I took off for KS. We stopped in Lincoln along the way to see one of his sisters and got to his friends house around 9:30. That morning I also got a good sore throat going. So by the time friday night rolled around I was feeling less than fun. I tried to hang in there and drink but I didn't make it too late.

Saturday: Got up and traveled 6 miles to Dustin's farm where his dad lives. He went hunting and I showered up and relaxed. That night I actually sat in the truck with his friends wife while they hunted. It's kinda nice to get out in the country every once and while. We ate at his dad's house and watched to OU game. Man I hate them...they can't lose. I have no clue who I want to win the Big 12 game. Neither Mizzou or OU!

Sunday: We headed to Salina for Dustin's family thanksgiving...more stinkin turkey. We ended up staying the night there.

Monday: Headed back to IL!

It was such a busy week. It was a blast seeing everyone and would do it all over again. Well with out having a cold the next time. Here are the photos...start from the bottom up if you want correct order of events. :)


This is what welcomed me home...SNOW!

A little bit of cards

Me, Dustin and his dog, Ruby

Christina and I post-Trot

The turkey ran the race too!

Me waiting in line to hand in my tag.

Christina's done!

I'm in the far back putting up my hood...it was a little windy, but hey the sun was out!

Turkey Trot 2008 Fremont YMCA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute pic with the turkey! Tell Dustin to leave the dog out of the pic next time!! :) ~ Melissa

Shelley said...

Mom wanted her in it...it was her request! And that was the only pic of us from the weekend.