Monday, April 27, 2009

Racing weekend

It was a racing weekend and no I don't mean running races. I went with Dustin to Kansas City to watch the NASCAR truck race on Saturday and the Indy car race on Sunday. I'm not a huge racing fan by any means. But I like the activities that go along with sporting events. So it was actually a lot of fun. New Holland is also a sponsor for the race, so we got tickets and pit passes, oh and good parking spots. Anyway, we arrived at the track on Saturday afternoon and the race got all of 52 laps in before the storms started. We made our way back to the car just in time to hear tornado sirens! Thats right, we were in a tornado warning! Initially I was excited. But then I quickly realized that we were in an open field with no way out and with lots of cars trying to exit. Luckily nothing bad happend....but the next day I watched the wx channel and checked out storm reports and one report was about 2 miles away. Thats it. It was a little too close for comfort. We got back to the hotel which was the same one we were at for NYE and then we all went out in downtown KC. The wx was way better going out this weekend than on NYE when I was about freezing. The next day we headed back to the track for the Indy cars. They actually got the whole race w/out a rain out. This time I got to go down in the pits and watch what all goes on. I really thought it would be more crazy down there but apparently NASCAR has the huge following, not Indy cars. But it was still very cool. Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend. They are all messed up in order, as always.


Indy car post race getting ready for inspections


Winners row, which really wasn't that exciting, it was low key.

There is a wx instrument on top of their hut thingy!

Pit stop in action

Andrea and I in the pits

Dustin and I in the pits





Truck race on Sat before it got rained out


Ruby was very very happy that Dustin was home



No comments: