Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Old Settlers here I come!

I'm pumped, I am going home tomorrow!!! I'd have to say, I spent some of today freaking out. Trying to get things in line and thinking about packing. But I had a triumphant moment about 15 mins ago. I got 5 days worth of clothing into my carry on sized suitcase!! NO BAG CHECK! I have become spoiled with not checking baggage, I just hate that. But thanks to hot weather and summer clothing I was able to shove everything in there. I'll have to leave my cycling shoes behind, but honestly, I was probably not going to use them. I got my running stuff for the 5K on Saturday, that is important. I have multiple tops to choose from for Friday and Saturday night. Flip flops. Swimming suit. Check. Check. Check!

So far my tentative schedule looks like this. Fly into Omaha from DCA...DIRECT FLIGHT! Arrive around 9:40pm. Then its off to good ol North Bend where my whole family will be! Well not Jamie, but he's only an hour away, just down the road. Kris, Lyn and Paige will be there! Thursday is my day in Lincoln. I'll get up and hang around, hopefully run. Then head to Lincoln to have lunch with Tigh. Then get my license renewed, yippy for being 26 in August....oh god. Anywho, then get my hair done! Then supper with Tigh and Nikki and roll in NB at night. Friday, meet with money advisor in Fremont (I know, sounds important). Then the rest of the weekend includes beer, beer, beer, run 5k, beer, beer, beer. I then come back to DC on Monday at 530pm. I am ready to get out of the office. I'm sick of that place! I haven't had a long weekend since April I think. Ok, so really its not that long since a weekend, but still. Seems like everyone is on vacation but me.

I can't wait for some good old fashioned Old Settlers fun! It doesn't get much better than this!

No comments: