Well I'm at the one month mark. I got to Champaign last month around this time and started work the 17th. Let me just say that this first month here in IL went about 20 times better than the one in DC. I just adjusted really well here, still no clue why. I think there are a lot of factors. I do miss somethings about DC. #1 being the little market by my place. I really miss that place. It was so handy, just run in and run out. Here, I have to deal with bigger grocery stores, no little side market. But oh well. I do miss DC itself, like the sights and tourist stuff, the "wow" factor. But as for Champaign, loving it! I feel I fit right in and I really could see myself here for awhile (a year or 2 or 3....). I love the flatness, I love the college town, I love seeing cornfields. I love walking out of my work building and not hearing a constant noise of cars and buses and people. I love that I only fill my car up with gas once every 2 weeks. And traffic? What traffic!? My only complaint about traffic here is there are hardly any turn lanes and people drive too slow. It says 35 not 30! I love having my own apartment! I love not hearing the sound of a freeway 200 ft from my window. I love actually seeing the stars out of my bedroom window as I lay in bed! Obviously, I am a small town girl that likes the Midwest and I think it took me moving to DC to figure that out. People say its boring around here and places like Nebraska...good, bring it my way, I like simple.
Everything else seems to be going good also, work is good, coworkers are good, friend making is going alright. I should be starting a class at the U of IL in January. Not sure which one yet. I had a little run around with a cowboy from NE this month but that seems to be on its way out. Good. Don't need to be trying another stupid long distance relationship. And with that being said, I can feel myself growing up and wanting to start to settle down somewhere. I think I feel that cause most of my friends are but I'm starting to think that it is a natural thing as you get older to want that. Anyway, it will happen when its supposed to. I'll just keep moving along and doing my thing.
Anywho, saturday night the coworkers and I are having trivial pursuit night! I'm excited! I LOVE that game. Then I think that is all I have planned for the weekend. Oh and football all day saturday of course.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment