Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11 November 2008

I figured I haven't blogged about anything lately so time for an update. As usual, things have been busy around here. If my loyal readers haven't noticed I've been talking about a boy lately in my blogs. Yup, I have a boyfriend. I am pretty excited about it, but I tend to keep the love life out of my blog. I'm not sure why...maybe cause I've never had much to say. Well anyway, Dustin is his name and we've been dating about 2 months, so far so good. This past weekend I went to his place to hang out. I drove there Friday after work and then Sunday I had to go to Bloomington for a WW conference. I've been very busy with WW lately. We are FINALLY getting computers and we went live yesterday. But first everyone had to be trained. So I had two 3 hour sessions of that. Then I had this all day yearly conference on Sunday. I have to say I actually enjoyed it. I really like working for WW and its nice to have a part time job that is not behind a computer! I am working 4 meetings the 22nd and then 1 meeting the 23rd. Plus I have all the meetings/training/etc from this last month. I'm excited for the paycheck. All that money is going toward a new laptop! GOOD BYE old pos computer I have now!

Anyway, I'm very excited for the rest of Novembers events. This weekend Dustin and I are going to Manhattan KS for the football game! Why would we go to the Nebraska/KSU game? Well because he is a Kstate grad...I know, its a shame. I don't know what has happened to my standards but its true...I'm dating a wildcat. Luckily, the parents haven't disowned me yet. I think I have to deal with self shame more than anything. ;) Everytime I am at his house I have to pull into a driveway with a KSU flag hanging outside. Then inside I have to sit under a big ol KSU flag above the couch. I have lost all self respect. However, its going to be lots of fun! We are going to a concert Friday night. Then drinking it up before the 2:30 kick off. It is kinda bittersweet however, because after this weekend we only have one more game left. Where did the season go????

After that I'll have a busy weekend of working at WW as previously mentioned. Then the Tuesday after that we are headed back to the NE/KS area for thanksgiving! I haven't been home since Labor Day and I'm pretty pumped. I am starting to get homesick and its just time to visit. It will be great to see my family and friends. I won't even be back in IL for a month before Christmas comes around, back home for that! Anyway, busy times ahead but its all fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KSU SUCKS..GO BIG REEEDDDD!!! Tell that to Dustin for me.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should get a Husker flag and switch the flags when he isn't there. That would be great! ~Melissa