Now I'll fill you in on the weekend...as you can see the pictures posted below in the prior post. Anyway, it was a very busy weekend. I drove to Dustin's Thursday night and we left Friday around 330pm. He still had to get some work done so I went and ran in the morning and laid around until we were ready to go. We got to Manhattan around 9pm and had enough time to drop our stuff and Ruby (his dog) off at his sisters. Then we went to this concert in Aggieville (kstates O street). I have to say, the concert was awesome, a huge surprise and totally with the trip itself! We went to see Aaron Watson, I've heard only a few of his songs on the Texas internet radio channel I listen too. Well the DJ before the concert was great and the opening band from Manhattan was awesome also. Then Aaron just capped off the night. The bar place was sweet too...it was one of those small bar venues that I love. After that Dustin had to show me the drunk breakfast hangout and I'm pretty sure we didn't get back to his sisters until 3am.
Saturday got up and got going, we got to Aggieville for lunch and some beers before the game. Then went to the game for a little tailgating...not much. It was a pretty good atmosphere but nothing tops Lincoln and Memorial stadium on gameday! However, I'm biased. :) It was pretty cold out but our seats in the stadium faced east and the field is in a little hole, so we had the wind blocked. The Huskers kicked butt...I had fun but not sure about Dustin. :) Then that night we ate with his sister and her family and his dad and then went out with some of his friends. Which was another late night.
Sunday got up, and we drove to Salina to eat with the rest of his family. And after that we drove all the way back to IL. We stopped in Columbia MO to visit his friend Dan. And I don't think we got to his place until 930 or so. It was a long weekend and were on the go the whole time. But it was a great weekend and I had an awesome time! I am sad that there is only one regular season game left and most likely a bowl game. I swear football season always goes so fast!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment