Happy New Years!
I'm finally back in IL...but not completely back home yet, I'm at Dustins until Sunday just hanging out. But at least I'm CLOSER to it than I was before. It was a busy break...mostly me being sick. As I wrote about in my other post...the gallbladder. Well on Monday the Dr office from KS calls me. Tells me I have some infection in my gallbladder and it will be coming out. Soooooo I need to get it out. Joy. So I started calling around in Champaign, trying to get Dr's appts set up. I just want to get this thing out. If I would, I'd do it Monday...but I know that is not going to happen. There are so many steps and Dr's to go through. But this explains a lot...just this fall I kept getting the familiar pain. Usually after lunch or something. I would complain to Leslie about it, and we just assumed I was getting old. :) Well apparently it was the gallbladder.
Anyway, back to fun stuff. The rest of vacation was fun. I saw most of my good friends. On Tuesday I took off and stayed at Tigh's that night. We hung out and then Wednesday I headed to KC for NYE. Dustin and I met there and Christina and Kelly came down too. Plus about 6 of Dustin's other friends. We all went out to the Power and Light district. Luckily the gallbladder held up and it was a good time. The next day we took off and we met Steph and Lance in Columbia MO to watch part of the Neb game. I'm so glad we won! I'm a Boliever! He did a GREAT job in his first season.
It was a good long holiday break. And it was a good start to the new year. I saw TONS of friends over the holidays and really miss them all. I guess thats what happens when you grow up and you move away and friends move away. But its ok, as long as we get together now and then.
So the goal for 2009 is to get this blasted gallbladder out and get healthy. Then I think run another half marathon. :) And I'm not sure what else...I haven't made any other resolutions.
PS...its the 2nd anniversary of my blog! YIPPY!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment