The gallbladder is gone!!! I'm glad its over with. Yesterday, Dustin and I headed to the hospital around 715am, my surgery was to be at 9am but I didn't get in till after 10am. The surgery went well. I remember waking up in the official recovery room around 1145am. I remember feeling pain in my stomach and being uncomfortable, which they promptly gave me morphine. :) I stayed there till around 12:15pm and they moved me to the less formal recovery room, which is where Dustin was waiting for me. I was feeling pretty good and kinda eating things here and there. Around 2pm was my first attempt to get up and go to the bathroom. That didn't go so well. I couldn't go and I didn't dare push cause of the pain. It felt like I just got done doing 2 million crunches or something. Then I got back to my bed, which was all of 10 ft away and felt like I was gonna puke. Anesthesia doesn't like me. So back to laying down I went. I slept for about another hour, attempted the bathroom again and that time it went way better! I got dressed and headed home shortly before 4pm.
I'm happy the surgery is over with and I'm looking forward to start feeling better! Dustin did great, he called everyone that needed to be called and updated people. He handled 2 of my freak outs. I only freaked out before the surgery and then again after, when I couldn't go to the bathroom. Mostly cause I was mad and then started crying. I quickly realized that crying HURT really bad in my stomach and not to do it. :)
Today I have been laying around and sleeping more. I'm still stiff and still taking the pain pills. I might as well, that why they are there! Anyway, just thought I would update everyone, thanks for all the well wishes and support! Time to get better!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment