Just when I think I have running figured out...I realize I still don't have a clue how it works. I have been running for 3 years now, I have completely many 5ks and a handful of 10ks and 2 half marathons. So I have put my time in training. This winter I kinda fell off the bandwagon. The Christmas holidays really messed me up with being sick and the gallbladder and traveling so much. I have still got to the gym here and there but haven't ran more than 2 miles in along time. Last weekend I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill and was extremely happy. It was pure boredom on the dreadmill but I got it done. So today I decided it was either the gym or outside. I got some sweet under armour gear for xmas and figured I really should use it before it gets too warm. The plan was to run 2 miles...maybe 3 if I was feeling spunky. To my HUGE surprise I busted out 4 miles!! I have no clue where this came from. Espeically after the last month of 2 mile tourture on the dreadmill. And that is the part I don't understand. How I can turn around and crank out 4 miles unexpectedly? I still think its mental half the time. I hate the treadmill, it hates me. And something about running outside after a long winter is refreshing as well. But there has to be some physical part of it also. If I was extremely out of shape I could not of done that. So that makes me happy knowning my fitness hasn't totally fallen off. It also makes me wanna train for a race.....hmmmmmm. I know, I'm crazy.
Anyway, 2 days left till the gallbladder comes out!
PS. I just checked my Nike sport...the last time I ran 4 miles was Nov 2nd. It feels good!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment