I'm too lazy to think of a title today, nothing too exciting going on. Today was sort of a blah day. I was productive at work and that was good. But I was missing home. It kind of all started around noon when I went to warm up my food in a microwave at work. There was already a cup of water in there and no one was around to claim it. The microwaves are a hot item at lunch time, so I just took it out and sat it aside. Two mins later some lady comes to get it and I told her I hope she didn't mind I moved her water. Well she shot me the look of death and I was like, well obviously you minded. Wow, what gives? I ate my lunch and the whole time thought of how much I missed working at AFWA. I got back to my desk to find that my old boss from AFWA had called my cell phone to see how I was doing, that was the first time he's done that. It was the right time also. It was nice, it's nice to know you are missed. I miss the folks at AFWA as well. They are a great bunch of people who are sincerely nice.
That kind of led me into missing home and my friends and all that fun stuff. I have decided I need to keep busy. I know I'm trying really really hard but I need more interaction with people other than at work. I have been doing things alone but not with friends or anything. So I think this spring/summer I will play softball and hopefully meet some people through that. There's also the thought of getting a part time job just so I have things to occupy my time. I've also decided maybe from the time I've seen my mom and family to the time I will be going home is a little too long. It is taking foreverrrrrrr for my trip home to get here! It reminds me of the countdown to Florida last year. Today I scheduled my hair apt for when I go home, now that makes me excited just thinking about it!
So funny thing last night, I went to spinning class and wore my Nebraska shirt. It turns out that my instructor grew up in Omaha! It's such a good feeling when I find one of my own out here in DC. Now I can at least talk football or something with her.
Ok countdown to go home....21 days!
PS. I welcome any visitors!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment