Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Oh baseball

Today was the Huskers home opener back in Lincoln. I decided to listen to it on the internet but before it started I called my mom just to chat quick. Well she was on her way to the game!!! She took my grandparents cause my grandpa loves baseball. I didn't think it would bother me much, but it kind of did. Going to baseball games was one of my favorite things to do it Lincoln. I think I spent the past 3-4 seasons sitting on that 3rd base berm. I sat through 30 degree weather, I sat through 90 degree weather. I stood in line for hours waiting to get into regional games. I missed the winning game that sent them to the CWS, David was there, holding his phone up for me to hear. I also remember sitting at AFWA listening to the CWS game with David. I had one headphone in one ear, he had one in the other. I give credit to husker baseball for making David and I good friends. At one point he didn't have a car in Lincoln so I would always pick him up and go to the games....oh memories.

Today is Melissa's bday, happy bday! She is 26...ouch. Anyway, it reminds me of when we were all turning 21. All my friends from high school turned 21 in the months of march and april. Then I had to go the whole summer being underage while they were 21. It wasn't too bad, except Old Settlers time and the alumni dance. That wasn't fun. But I could mostly still get into the same things they did. It didn't pay off being the youngest then. But now it will, I'm the last to his all the milestones...the dreaded ones. :)

Anyway, its awesome out today! I run outside tonight and I think I am going to wear shorts....break out the great whites! But then for the weekend it's supposed to get colder and right on Saturday. How special...that is the day of my race and the coldest day out of the next seven. Fun.

In a month I"ll be back in good ol Nebraska!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every year you have to bring that up don't you.....just wait until August and when you turn 26!!!!!!!!!!! Melissa