Monday, September 17, 2007

1st day at the ISWS

Today was my first day at the water survey and things went very good. The day went quick and I think I'm going to like it. I got there at 8 and it all started, I had a run over of what I would be working on. Then at 9 I started processing papers. Around 10:30 that was done and then I sat at my desk until noon. Had lunch and after that did more stuff. I work from 8-430 and still get an hour lunch! Which rocks. I actually work with some young people. One girl just started 2 weeks ago. The other girl likes country music and runs. The guy....he's a tad..ok a lot nerdy. I've said my profession is extremely nerdy and every workplace hasn't failed me yet.

Other than that I went garage sale-ing on Saturday. I found a comfy couch for $40 and a shelf! I felt I did pretty good. Then I watched the Huskers get their a$$es kicked. That was not so much fun. I've been running around the neighborhood and its pretty nice. There are some really big houses about a mile from me. One thing that greated me back in full glory was my allergies! Holy cow!! I was sneezing like crazy today. One of the coworkers said ragweed is really bad right now. My allergies in MD were never really that bad.

Anyway, overall the first day wasn't shabby and probably one of the less stressful first days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear things are going good with your new job. I hope it turns out to be a nice place to work. Good luck!