Thursday, September 13, 2007

I made it to Champaign IL!

I have arrived in Champaign, IL! The drive went well, it was 11 hours on the dot. I didn't really get too bored, I entertained myself through the trip by taking pics. Start at the bottom of the photos and go up for the correct order if you wish. I stayed at a hotel last night. This morning I got up and went to my apartment. I was nervous about what it would look like, but its not that bad. Its clean and nice. My only fear is loud neighbors, so far so good, I hope it stays like this. I have yet to unload my car, no desire at all. I found the post office, changed my address. I also found a golds gym. Only $20 to sign up and $25 a month of U of IL staff!! Heck yes!

As for the city/town. Its nice. Its small but being a college town it has the major shops I like. It's flat and has straight roads and I just drove around today getting it kind of figured out. I like being able to go somewhere and not continually need a map. I made one trip to target already. Got some bar stools. Tomorrow I'll try to find a couch. I get cable and real internet at 11am, I might be "borrowing" it from a neighbor. But hey, if they are stupid enough to leave it open, thats their deal. Anyway, saturday from 9am until 11pm you can find me planted on the floor in front of my 13" tv watching football all day along, finally!



Welcome to....ehhhh.....Illinois, well it was dark and it didn't take well.

Midwestern sunset

My travel companion

Indy

Welcome to Indiana!

Columbus OH

Welcome to Ohio!

Neat bridge

Welcome to Pennsylvania!

Welcome to West Virginia!

A gap I went through

Western MD is pretty

1 comment:

The Fun Park said...

I'm glad you made it safely.