Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Leaving DC

My time in DC has come to an end. It's pretty crazy how fast time goes by. It seems just like yesterday Tigh and Nikki were dropping me off. So tomorrow morning I hit the road for Champaign. I'm excited. It's very weird that I'm excited to move. I'm not really leaving anything behind in DC. It was very hard leaving home. Leaving family, friends, good coworkers and familiar places. Today at lunch we had a pizza party thing for me. I was totally unemotional which is odd for me. I was trying not to burst into tears at my AFWA going away lunch. In the afternoon I went with the lunch crew and had a beer. I will miss them, they were fun to talk with and hang out with. And I hate trying to find a new rhythm and routine in a new place. But I know what to do to make it feel familiar. So I will just start with that. I think I'm going to focus on my running again, its getting rather bad. And I haven't weighed myself in about 2 weeks and don't plan on it until I get there. These weddings were unfriendly to me.

Anyway, DC has been good but it will be good to be in a more familiar region. I should probably think of a new name for my blog...hmmm...any suggestions? Who knows when I'll get internet again but I hope soon!!!

No comments: