Monday, May 19, 2008

Chicago!!

I made it back from my weekend trip to Chicago and it was a blast!! So here is the run down...

Thur night: Took the Amtrak from Champaign to Union Station in Chicago. I am a BIG fan now of trains. It was so easy. You don't have huge lines, you don't have to go through security, you don't check baggage, you just get on and go. And 2.5 hours and only $26 (round trip) I'm there!! I meet up with Steph by the Chicago River, haha, sounds so romantic, and then we headed to the condo.

Friday aka Cubs day: We wake up and head out at 9am, get to Wriglyville at 10am. After we bought proper attire we started our boozin' at 1030am. The atmosphere there was awesome, it was like a football saturday in Lincoln and when the CWS is in Omaha. Becky, my old roomie, met up with us at the ballpark, I hadn't seen her in 1 1/2 years! So the trifecta was reunited! After the game it was more of the same. I think Steph and I left there at 11pm. It was a blast.

Saturday: I explored around the area for a good portion of the morning . Steph was having issues getting started so I just took off. Later that day we walked around downtown and then met up with Becky for supper. And after that Steph and I hit up some hole in the wall bars on the way back.

Sunday: We got up, walked around more. Steph's aunt took us to lunch in Chinatown and had her drop us off in the Lincoln Park area. Which was extremely cool. It was nice to get off the beaten path of tourist and get into the neighborhood area. There were tons of cute stores. That night we ate and made our way back to the condo and tried to call it an early night.

Monday: Took off back for Champaign with vacation hangover. :( I was sad it was done.

I just love going to Chicago, I think its my favorite city. When we were walking around I kept thinking I should just move there. But we all know how that went before, so I'll stick in Champaign and just visit Chicago frequently. :)


Here are some pics!



Stop #1...The Cubbie Bear

Stop #3...already forgot. This was before Becky bought her shirt, gesh.

Our view of Wrigley field, 2nd oldest ballpark.

Me and Steph

Us girls



Go Cubs Go!




Some pretty flowers

Some big tulips! They were all over the city


There we are at the bean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics!! It makes me jelous!~ Melissa