Monday, May 5, 2008

Week 2 training

Well week 1 of training went good. Time for week two, I pretty much followed the week pretty well. I mixed around some weekend workouts. Tonight I'm going to the cycling club ride, if i continue that i'll have to make monday nights my long ride night. I might need to rearrange.

Monday: REST (but i'll be biking 60 mins)
Tuesday: Swim (but i'll be resting)
Wednesday: Run 40 mins, strength 20 mins
Thursday: Swim 30 mins
Friday: Rest
Saturday: not sure yet, but calls for a 60 mins ride and 20 min strength
Sunday: softball/walk/short run?/etc

I'll report back about the group ride!

Update 8pm: I just got back from the group ride. I thought it would only be like a 15 mile ride...wrong it was like 20. And a 1 hour and 30 mins. But it was great! I'm in level II and everyone is pretty much casual riders. I met a couple girls. One which just ran the Nashville half marathon 2 weeks ago. So we spent a good amount of time talking about running. The nice thing around riding is you can at least have a conversation while riding. When I'm running, there is no talking, I'm usually sucking air.

I have to say that Champaign is treating me well this spring. Anyone who has moved knows that moving to a completely new place alone is really hard to find friends and fit in. It's no secret I never felt like I fit in while living in DC. But I feel like Champaign is completely different. Softball is Sunday nights and my team is good and now I think I'll keep up with this Monday night extravaganza.

And I failed to mention on my blog before that I had a job interview today for the service climatologist position where I work now. So cross my fingers and hope I get that job!

No comments: