Monday, May 26, 2008

Tigh's visit

So Tigh visited me this weekend...he was my first official visitor here in Champaign. I've been here for 8 1/2 months, at this time I was leaving DC and had about 15 visitors. Apparently Champaign Illinois doesn't have the appeal as DC. But hey, we still had fun!

Friday: Tigh arrives around 830pm, so I give him a tour of Champaign and then we meet up with my coworkers after that.

Saturday: We helped move one of my co workers in the morning, which only took like an hour or so. Then we took off for Kickapoo state park to go hiking. The state park was rather nice and the weather cooperated so I couldn't complain. We probably spent a good 3 to 4 hours there. After that we came back and then went for a little bike ride around town. That night I took Tigh to downtown Champaign to eat. I haven't been down there since the weather has been somewhat nicer and they have tons of outdoor seating.

Sunday: Today I had requested to do a mock triathlon for my race coming up. So Tigh and I hit the swimming pool at 11am. I swam my .25 miles...Tigh...well he struggled, thats the only athletic thing I have on him! Anyway, then we went back to my place, changed and hopped on a bike for 10 miles. Came back, ditched the bike and started running 3 miles. Believe it or not, I did all of it and without complaining! :) That night I went to Athena's daugher's graduation with Leslie and Becky. Then later I met up with them at Eric's where we sat around the fire, ate smores and drank. Love the beginning of summer!

Monday: Tigh took off around 9am, I sat on my butt all day.

It was a great weekend and thank you Tigh for visiting!

As always...here are some pics

Starting the weekend off right


Tigh frolicking! "The hills are alive......"


Me and the work girls


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics!!