Monday, August 20, 2007

Moving to Champaign, IL!!!

I got the job!!! I can't believe it, I got the job! Today I couldn't take it anymore...I emailed the HR lady at the Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS) and asked where they were in their process. It had been a month since my interview and I figured I deserved the right to know. So about an hour later she wrote me back saying she was going to call me this afternoon and offer me the job. Wonderful! I'm pretty excited. So far I will be moving the week of the 10th and starting the 16th. The only major catch in this...the USC game is the 15th and it might be hard to have cable by then. So I either need to make friends fast or hit up some bars in Champaign that will have that on tv and look for red shirts. Husker fans always welcome other Huskers with open arms...especially when you live out of state.

Anyway, I will be only about 7/8 hours away from home. Around 2 1/2 hours to Chicago and also close to Indianapolis and St. Louis...oh and it's in the midwest! After living here for almost 9 months I've decided the east coast is kind of one big rip off. The cost of living and expenses just don't make sense to me when you can have the same thing in the midwest. Anyway, enough of that. So that is the big exciting news around here! These last 3 weeks will fly by. I guess I have done most I wanted to do here in DC. I know there is way more I could of done. The only thing I regret is not driving to Asheville more but this summer turned out to be way more busy than expected.

I do have the nervousness. Like finding an apartment, getting settled in. But I have checked it out, they have a Target and thats about all I need. JK. Speaking of, Lincoln got a SuperTarget which I get to go to in 2 weeks! Anyway, Champaign also has a WW, a running club, a cycling club, numerous gyms, pretty much what I want. Plus my job is on a campus and campuses has everything a person could need. My only goal will to be not to get banned from U of I parking! ;)


PS, I am going to Pat Green and Kenny Chesney on Saturday, that is exciting too!!!

No comments: