So if things aren't up in the air enough right now with possible jobs, one more thing got thrown into the mix. I got an email from my landlord/roommate, Alex, today saying he was not interested in renewing the lease past Oct. 14th. Great. It annoys me that he couldn't tell me in person and had to write me an email...wuss. He was 2 floors down from me. Anyway, I was wanting to move out anyway this summer but told myself just to stick it out if I was planning on leaving at the end of the year. Its kind of like when you want to dump someone and then they break up before you can do it to them and you want to say "I was gonna break up with you anyway!" Or like a job where you were gonna quit but you get fired and you wanna say "I was gonna quit before you fired me anyway!!!"
Now this just puts a twist in things that I don't like. If I don't get any of these jobs I really don't know what I will do. I don't want to sign a lease for 6 months cause that will put me in at March. I don't really want to stay here till then. I could try to find another roommate and go that route and hope they are lease flexible. Who knows. Who knows why he did this either. I guess I wasn't the fun loving friend he'd hope he'd have. I didn't rent this place to have a friend...I'm not a "rent a friend". Or maybe he doesn't need the extra cash. He didn't care to explain his decision.
Hopefully something will work out. I had the SAIC interview Thursday and honestly, the job sounds extremely boring. It is writing reports...not small ones, books like 3 inches thick. I really don't feel like doing that. I hope all the pieces fall together by the end of this month. I would feel good knowing what I'll be doing for next month.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment