Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

I know I'm a little late on this but I really had nothing to talk about yesterday. My Easter was really quiet, I did go to church though. Which the oddest thing happened. I was am Lutheran and raised Missouri Synod. So I kept up that area and tried to find a church here that was LCMS. I found one off of the LCMS website and it looked welcoming and close so I decided to try it out. Yesterday morning I head over to the church which was about 8 miles away or so in Silver Spring. I walk in the church and in the entry way is a picture of the Pope. Ok....now in my knowledge of religion and faiths I assumed that the Pope was a symbol of the Catholic church. So at this point I'm very confused. I've been known to get lost a time or two out here and I started thinking to myself that maybe I was in a Catholic church! I started looking around and found "Lutheran" written on the bulletins so I thought it was ok. Then I go and sit in the pews and they have kneeling benches and Lutherans only kneel at the rail near the alter for Communion (that I know of). I was really perplexed by this but it was still a Lutheran church. Anyway, the church service was really good and they had awesome music for the first hymn with drums and trumpets and bells! In North Bend we are lucky to get one trumpet. It was sort of lonely in a way, being there alone while everyone was with their families but I got through it, like all the other times here.

Speaking of home...ONE DAY! ONE DAY! This time on Wed I will be boarding a flight to Omaha! I can't wait to see my family and friends, it's gonna be a busy fun filled trip.

No comments: