A couple weeks ago I signed up for the Lincoln half marathon but I had yet to buy a flight. Yesterday I found a flight in my price range and booked it. Now I have to do this thing. You could say I am freaking out...yup I am. A couple weeks ago I was confident about running this race. But I haven't ran 9 miles since about 3 weeks ago. The week in Philly put me behind due to the crappy treadmill. Then the weather took a huge turn for the worse here. Running 10 miles on a treadmill is not my idea of fun anytime of year. It's gut check time and I have little less than 3 weeks to get this going here. My goal is to run 10 miles or so this weekend, if I can do that I will feel much better. If not...well lets just hope I have an amazing day on May 6th.
I've also realized that if I don't run I get pretty cranky. I used to think people were stupid when they'd say that. But I've been in a funk since I got back. After my run I felt pretty relaxed and boosted my self esteem. I think I better start finding news songs for my playlist...I need 2.5 hours of motivating songs to get me through the half.
Days till D-day: 18 (oh my, it's closer than I realized)
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment