Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Just be over already!

As you are all aware this half marathon is quickly approaching. I'm getting sick of training. Trust me, I like running. But I hate feeling like I HAVE to run. I've been following this 3 week schedule since I got back to DC rather strictly and adding more miles than needed at some points. I feel like it's become a college final. Where you study and study and study and it just gets old and you just want it done. If it were a college final...particularly Calc, I would of said screw it about a week ago and gone shopping with Ann. But I want to do well in this. I want to run the whole half marathon and I know I can. It's all mental. And these last 2 weeks have been a mental battle! My body can physically handle it, it's just my mind.

Then there is the whole eating routine. They have energy bars/gels/blocks. When the heck do I take these? How will I carry them when I'm running to take them in mid-race? Should I eat what I usually eat before my long runs?!? Too much to think about it!

In other happenings: my sister in law Lyn gets here tomorrow! Yippy! She will be here for a convention in Baltimore. So friday I think I'm coming down with a cold and won't be at work. Don't yell at me, I have 6 sick days and yet to use one and I've been on the job for 4 months! I alos have a 10K on Sunday. It should be good. Next week I really cut back on the running in prep for the half. Want fresh legs! Ok enough running talk.

PS. Here are some pics from Steph and Lances visit.


Me and my Husker koozie Steph made!

Enjoying the game

Camden Yards

Jays vs. O's

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Looks like you had fun. The ball park is beautiful.

The Fun Park said...

Take care of Lyn for me.