Monday, April 16, 2007

The simple life

I am back from home and it was a great time! There was so much to do and so much to see...guess I'll get started.

Wednesday: I flew into Omaha and arrived at 11pm. Mom was there to pick me up and we got into NB at around 1am. It was a long night and after the trip I couldn't fall asleep so I don't think I actually slept until 2am or so. It was great being home, but at the same time it was a weird feeling. But by Thursday that weird feeling was gone.

Thursday: Got up early and went to Lincoln. I got some new shoes and then met up with Tigh for lunch. We ate at Bison Witches and got the traditional cookie from Cookie Co.! It was great to see him, we used to do lunch about 2-3 times a week when I lived in Lincoln. After that he took me to my haircut place. I got done with that around 330 and then my brother and mom met me there. We went to Target, did some more shopping before heading back to NB. Got back to NB, saw Christina briefly and then went to eat with the family and the grandparents.

Friday: I got up early again and drove to Bellevue to eat with old co-workers. They are a great bunch of people! I saw about 12 of them and I miss them a ton also. I'd have to say that AFWA was probably one of the best jobs I've had. Why did I leave it? I have no clue, I'm still asking that. Anyway, after that I met up with Ann and we went and I picked up my dress for her wedding. Then we went shopping. That night I had a double date with Eric and Ann and their friend Matt. Matt and I have been talking for awhile via email so we decided to go out when I was back home. Us four went to M's Pub in the old market to eat and then out for drinks.

Saturday: We went to eat breakfast at some old dinner in the old market and then I left Omaha around noon. I went back to NB and tried to nap, but that wasn't happening. At this time the weekend was starting to catch up with me but I had no time for sleep. I watched some of the Husker baseball game w/my dad and that is always interesting. Around 5 Christina and I left for Lincoln and I met up with the crew to eat at Carlos o Kellys, there were about 9 of us. After that we went back to my old apartment and played some games and then headed downtown. Which at about 12:30am I just couldn't go anymore.

Sunday: Went to eat breakfast at IHOP and went back to NB. Got there around 11 and was off to Omaha at 12:45 for my 3pm flight.

3pm: Back to DC. :(

It was a great weekend, I saw so many people in a short amount of time! I miss everyone and I've realized how much I miss the simple life of Nebraska. Yes there are neat things to do in DC but once you've seen the touristy stuff and all that then its really just like Omaha or Lincoln (but with 1/3rd of the people). Today I'm a little groggy from this weekends events. But I am already going back in 3 weeks...for the Lincoln half marathon. Thats right, I'm going to do it and I'm freaking out!

No comments: