This weekend my friend Steph and her boyfriend Lance came to visit me. Lance lives in Virginia Beach and Steph is in Utah, so she flew out to see him and they drove up. We went to eat at Rock Bottom in Bethesda which took a long time cause I got lost...again. But then everyone was out and about yesterday cause it was so nice out. So parking was not ideal. After we finally ate we came back to my place and decided to head to Baltimore early before the Orioles game. Well that was a public transportation nightmare. It wasn't our fault, we were where we needed to be, but it was the "express" bus to and from the game. It wasn't exactly express. Plus you always meet interesting characters on the bus and yea, well by the time the night was over we had our fill of public trans. The ballgame was nice once we got there. The weather was perfect!
Today I let them wonder around DC by themselves. I like doing the tourist thing but the monuments don't change and after you've seen them once you've seen them 500 times. After yesterdays headaches I got bitter toward the big city. Yes, it has fun things, but once you remove all the tourist stuff its just a bunch of people in a small area.
Anyway, I did run 11 miles yesterday!!! So now in two weeks I need to push out 13 miles. I know I can do this. It's all mental. My body can do it, no doubt, but I have to get right in my mind. I've already started finding songs for my ipod so they are all new for the half.
Days till the half: 14
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment