Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lyn's visit

Lyn got here Thursday around 5pm and it was really good to see her. She did a great job battling beltway traffic and got here like a champ. So we decided to head down to Bethesda which has a cute little downtown. I can't remember what the name was but it was pretty good. Thursday night we just hung out, didn't do much of anything. Yesterday we went to Baltimore. She had a conference to go to and I played tourist. I've been to my fair share of cities and I'd have to say that Baltimore is up there on my list. Their downtown inner harbor area was very nice. I went to the National Aquarium, it was good, but I am partial to Omaha's zoo. Then I just walked around and went in and out of shops. After Lyn was done we ate and then came back to DC.

This morning I woke up, feeling fine. Until I got going and quickly realized I didn't feel good. Now I'm thinking that this is karma kicking me in the butt because I called in sick to work yesterday! I kept thinking it would go away but it never did. Now I'm sitting here ticked off. I hate being sick...probably because I'm not in control of it. I have a 10K race tomorrow but honestly that is the furthest from my mind right now. I'm more or less worried about the half marathon in a week! I know this won't last long and it will pass. I just need to be back running by monday, but I'm kicking myself cause I didn't run yesterday or thursday. Maybe tomorrow morning it will be ok and I'll do that 10K.

So that is my day, lots of fun. Hopefully I can shake this...quickly.

No comments: