Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hot hot hot

It's a hot one out there!! Today and the next 3 days its supposed to be in the upper 90's. I'm not really a fan of this. I don't like heat, I feel like its smothering me. And most of you know I like my "bubble" and this heat interferes with that. But yesterday and today I went to Shannon's pool. It's a pretty nice pool. I attempted to swim a couple laps. I did about 4 yesterday, not all together. It was good. Today I attempted 8 (400 meters) at a fair pace. Well I got about 6 in. And now, my arms are actually pretty sore. My shoulder muscles that is. It's weird how your body can be so fine tuned to one area (like my legs with running) but as soon as you try something different. Well, it feels like I have never worked out a day in my life. I told Tigh we should do a triathlon, he reminded me that I'm missing two main things. #1) a bike. #2) I dont have anywhere to swim. But whatever, someday I'll buy a bike and someday I'll have a place to swim. And then someday I'll do a triathlon!

There's nothing else really going on around here, guess thats why I don't post as much. I am viewing a house tonight for a possible move. But I've talked to the lady on the phone and she sounds a bit odd. But we'll see. My mom and brother get here Friday!! I've been so lucky to have so many guests. It's really made the time go by a lot quicker here. DC is a nice city and I'm glad people have come to see it and hopefully have liked it. I'm trying to think of things to do for us. I think on Saturday we will be going to the Shenandoah national park. It's pretty nice and a good escape from the city! I can always go for that.

No comments: