Things have been nuts! I've been really busy and the days are jumbled together. From about Wednesday on it's been go go go. After work on Wednesday I had to go to the mall to get shoes for Ann's wedding, then to WW to work, then home to run, then packed. Thursday I was at work early and left at 1:30 pm for my flight. It was continual from there...I will write about that more later. Then obviously I had an interview Friday and then the flight back. I got home last night at 10pm and had barely enough time to get unpacked then went to bed. Got up at 6:45am to work at WW and that sucked! Now this afternoon I've been running errands non stop. If I was in one more wedding...well I would have lost my head and my bank account by now.
Ok so I HATE FLYING!!!!!!! Why you ask? Let me explain. The past 3 flights I have taken have had some sort of delay. Yesterday, my plane was to leave DC and get into Chicago and I would of had a 2 hour layover. Well I had 20 mins! Once again...running through the O'Hare airport. Luckily I got to my gate but they had even closed the door!!! Then leaving Champaign I had another delay. Got to O'Hare, my plane to DC was delayed. I hate flying. I hate sitting close to people, I hate people taking up the arm rest, I hate kids behind me kicking the seat. I hate having to pee and you can't get up, I hate sitting that long. I hate that people think they can sit in my window seat. I HATE NOT HAVING MY PERSONAL BUBBLE! Ok, glad I got that out.
The interview. The interview went good! Champaign reminded me a lot of home and I really liked it. There was corn, flat land and no trees! The town is small, about half the size of Lincoln. But it has that midwest feeling that I really miss. I met with the review committee and I hope I did well. I tried my best and hope I made a good enough impression. I would really like this job. It is more of what I want to do. It deals with data and climate and weather. No oceans. And the perks of the job are awesome. If I don't get it, yes, I'll be sad and dissapointed and probably question myself over and over again. But I should be happy that I got an interview. However, if I don't get it I can try to get back home and that is always good. So either way, there is an upside. I just need to go with the flow of life and not fight it. When will I learn that?
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment