Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July 24th 2007

Things are here are pretty much quiet, which is good compared to the last week. On Sunday I went for an awesome bike ride! I rented a bike in Bethesda near my favorite trail. I have ran on this trail many times and never ran all the way to Georgetown, so I set my sights on biking there. It was about 7 miles there or so. The bike place set me with up with a so so bike and they even put pedals on it for my spinning shoes. So off I went. I forget how much I like biking and realize why I rode my bike everywhere as a kid. I got to Georgetown a lot quicker than I had thought and so I decided to carry on. Pretty soon I could see the Washington monument, then I was behind the Lincoln memorial. Then I decided oh heck, lets just go into Virginia. So I went across the Potomac and right by Arlington Cemetery. Then I saw another trail....but yea, right, I skipped that part. I figured I better turn around there. So I headed it back. The ride back was more difficult, that trail is slightly up hill and the wind was toward me. But I made it! It was a great ride. I still can't believe I'm riding a bike around all these historical places. I got back to my place and google mapped out the ride....18 miles! Who knew I could do that! I still don't believe it, but thats what the map says. So that was a fun Sunday.

Tomorrow is already Wed and things get busy then. I'll work at WW tomorrow night and on Thursday night. Then on TR and F I have a class all day at work. On Saturday morning I'm subbing again at WW. I hate getting up that early on Saturdays but its such good money and the best meetings to work. Then before I know it, it will be time to pack up for Ann's wedding next Thursday! It's gonna be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!! Wow..18 miles...that is A LOT!!!!!
~Melissa