Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Day 2

Today was the second full day in Maryland and the sun was finally out! It was a nice day, around 50 and the next couple of days are supposed to be in the 60's!

I ventured out today, my roommate was nice enough to haul me around and show me places. We drove past my work and I found the parking garages. However, I don't have to be to work tomorrow until 9am and I think I will take the Metro. A friend that works there told me they get full after 8am. I am hoping that after the first week I can set my own hours like I did at AFWA. I would like to go in at 7am and be done at 330pm. That would be perfect.

He took me by the Univ of Maryland and the stadium there, well it leaves a little to be desired. Compared to Nebraska it looked like a high school stadium. However, their basketball arena was impressive!

I also went to the local Y today...not impressed. It was old and small. I am spoiled from the Y in Lincoln. So this week I will use free guest passes at other local gyms and hopefully find one. I have found a running club here but I just need to get the guts to go there and participate.

I should get to bed, tomorrow is a full day of fun....right.

No comments: