Last night I went to the Montgomery County runners club. I have never been a part of a running club so I was a tad nervous. I have been running for about a year now and have done a handful of 5K's, a 10K and a 5 miler. So I'm not a pro by any means. Anyway, it turned out great! Tuesday nights consist of track workouts. We run around the track. Thursdays are on your own and Saturdays are long runs on trails. I'm just so excited because this gets me out and running. I don't feel comfortable running around the area by myself. This should be a good thing and I am looking forward to getting to know people and the area.
A funny story...the running group has a Yahoo group page. So people post things on there. Well a girl posted something about training for the Lincoln Marathon. Now, not too many people from DC would go to Lincoln to run a marathon and I just assumed she was from Nebraska. After a couple emails it turns out she is from Dodge! Fifteen miles away from North Bend! Crazy! I have yet to talk to her in person but she hangs out with a couple other Nebraska people so maybe I could tag along sometime.
Anyway, work has been going well. I have lunch buddies now so that is nice. They are guys down the hall and seem pretty cool.
In other exciting news, I just booked my moms flight out to DC for Feb 15th! She will be coming here and then we are driving to North Carolina to see Kris, Lyn, and Paige! I'm so excited to see all of them. Maybe Kris and I can go for a run! Or better yet...a ride with my cool riding shoes (be ready Kris!).
Good bye for now
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm ready! I cannot wait to see you two.
Post a Comment