Wednesday, February 21, 2007

And I'm back...

So it's been a long time since I've blogged, I'm happy to say I've been busy!

I think I'll do a mini blog inside this entry about what I've been up to...

Thursday: My mom arrived!! It was really really good to see her. Her plane was a bit late due to the weather from the previous days, but it wasn't too late. We went to eat at Rock Bottom (my favorite) and then came back. I don't think I got to bed till almost midnight, which is late for me. But thats ok.

Friday: Get up, go to work, leave early. We then went to get the rental car, which we soon found out the WHOLE back left side lights were burnt out! So back to the rental place...this put us an hour behind and I was really itching to get on the road. We finally left and headed down the road. On the way there we went though a stretch of interstate where the trees were just covered completely in ice! (see picture) We arrived in Asheville about 8:30, just in time to see Paige before she went to bed...she is such an entertainer (more later)! I went to bed at about 10:30 while Mom and Kris talked till 2am, too bad for Kris, Paige was up at 6am the next day!

Saturday: We kind of bummed around a bit. Mom and I went to Kmart and bought some things. Then we hit up the shoe store. I got to watch Paige for about an hour or so and that was fun. I got my haircut Saturday and it feels good to have it chopped off (she took a little too much off to my liking), but it will grow back. Saturday night I went downtown Asheville with Kris and Lyn for their friends birthday. That was a good time, I sadly have not been out for awhile so it was nice staying out and having drinks!

Sunday: Race day! My brother and I ran the Frostbite 5K and it was fun! I never thought that I would of ran a race with Kris. He ran CC in high school and was good, I did not. He did track, I did not. He was the athlete, I was not. But now I am. It's a good feeling! That night we just hung around their house and it was nice and relaxing.

Monday: We had to take the rental car to the Ford dealer cause on the way down my mom dropped her ring down the seat. Luckily they found it! Then we went to a toy store and bought Paige a table. The rest of the afternoon we hung around again and played with Paige. We left that afternoon and it was sad. I know they are only 8 hours away and I wish I had a decent car to get there! On the way back we drove past Bristol speedway...it was kind of exciting, probably more exciting if I was a nascar nut! We drove halfway and stayed in a little town called Radford kind of next to Vir Tech.

Tuesday: The rest of the drive, we drove through a kick butt mountain range and through Shenandoah Park, it was awesome! I am pretty sure I"ll be back as soon as it warms up. It is only about an hour from DC and not busy! They also have huge caves there and we didn't stop. But I'll be hitting those up.


So now I'm back home, its been a rough day, I've been kind of homesick cause my mom left. But it will be ok and I'll get back into the swing of things. I think this blog is long enough and I'll type more tomorrow...but first...a couple of things Paige says that is just cute!
1) She puts her little cowboy hat and when she takes it off she says "Yee haw!"
2) Me: Can you say Go
Paige: Go
Me: Can you say Big
Paige: Big
Me: Can you say Red
Paige: Red
Me: Can you say Go big red
Paige : Go big
(she'll be ready by fall!)
3) I wuv u
4) Nooooooooo (when she really means yes after you ask her something)


Any, this blog is really long and I'm gonna put some pics at the bottom, prob more tomorrow!


Night


ice storm

Paige and I
Paige

Post race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a realy good time!!!! Little kids are the best! ~ Melissa