I know I shouldn't be such a downer but I think maybe someday when I have a "sweetheart" for Valentine's Day I will be more excited. The past two boyfriends I had, well the 1st dumped me two weeks before the big day. And when I was dating Andy I was in OKC. So what fun those were.
Anyway, this leads me to my big Valentine's Day talk and relationships. I have been single for some time now and it really doesn't bother me. Someday I think I would like to find a boyfriend and I'm not opposed to the idea. But I feel like you don't need someone else to make you a whole person. I feel that some of my friends are just waiting for me to get married cause it's what makes you a person and the next thing to do. Well I am not like that. I'm not getting married or forcing myself to love someone cause its the "next step". See my blog down below, I take the long way around, I don't take the road more traveled. And this includes relationships and marriage. I look at some peoples relationships and think "why?" Why do you subject yourself to be in such a horrible relationship just to have someone? So all in all, I am happy with me, I am happy with doing things on my own and with my friends. Yes, it would be nice to have that someone around but I'm not desperate.
And as of now...not too many prospects. Last spring/summer I had a blind date and a couple other dates and they just didn't happen. I have people here trying to set me up with guys and thats ok with me. I would like more friends and if something else happens, great.
So anyway, now the fun part. We got off of work at 2pm yesterday due to the ice storm. That was fun. It's always fun leaving work early. Last night it proceeded to snow/sleet/ice/all of the above. This morning we had a two hour late start. I have to say last night was soooo quiet around here. My townhome faces a busy interstate and last night it was quiet, completely. It was so nice. Anyway, I usually get in at 7:15 or it would of been 9:15. I decided to get up an hour later cause I had to clean my car off and drive to work. Well to my surprise it didn't take long at all to clear the car off. It was fairly warm outside so that was good. I ventured out and I had to plow through 4 inches of sleet cause my parking lot wasn't cleaned yet. I get to the beltway and I started laughing. First of all....NO ONE was on there, and if they were they were all over the road. There was no such thing as lanes this morning. I have to admit it was pretty crappy snow removal for a city of this size but it is a big place. On my way there I saw a truck spin out cause he thought he could drive fast cause he had a truck. Then there are the cars that drive so slow they are as much a hazard as fast drivers.
I finally got to Georgia Ave and that was like Lincoln side roads! It was a mess. But people moved pretty well. I got to work and there was an abundance of parking. I also was there at 8:30! So much for getting in later, it only took me 10 more mins on the road cause there was no one on it. About 5 people showed up at my work out of 12. It was the same for the other side of the hall. Anyway, the drive home was much better and it should be even better tomorrow. I don't know why but I like driving in that stuff as long as I am in control and no one is around me. I used to scream my head off as a kid...my dad would think it was funny to act like he was going to drive up snow piles in parking lots and my brother would just laugh his head off. I would be in tears!!! I think I was also afraid of bad weather when I was a kid.....yeah.
Tonight includes nothing and nothing. I ran all ready (4.5 miles) and now I"ll watch tv and do laundry.
Pondering thoughts:
*Why do people yell on Wheel of Fortune? Hello......you are wearing a microphone! "I WANT TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE!"
*Why do people use a big incline on the treadmill but then grab the back of the front part to hold on? I mean if you can't walk it I don't think it's helping by holding on.
*Wow, this is a long blog
Hours till mom arrives: 23 HOURS!!!!!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are funny!!!! I couldn't tell you why people yell on Wheel of Fortune.....but that is an interesting thought!
Post a Comment