Tomorrow I will be unbanned from parking at UNL!!! A lot of good that does me now. Most of you know the story but let me refresh your memory.
I had the bright idea to alter my UNL parking permit. This was done because I was sick of forking over money to these people and I only had one class on city campus anyway. The permits are windshield hang tags and on the bottom was DEC MAY AUG. Then parking services would hole punch when yours expired. Mine was DEC cause I only paid one semester. I had the bright idea to punch out MAY and put that shad into the DEC hole. I thought I had done this rather successfully and was pretty proud of myself. I should of known not to do this, I never get away with anything anyway.
I had made it through the month of January no problems...I was so pumped I had beat the UNL parking jerks!! But then one Friday I was walking to my car from class and I saw an annoying UNL parking car parked behind mine. I started thinking to myself, they better move I have work to go to. But then as I approached lumi I saw a ticket on her...that is when fear rushed to my head. I took the ticket off my car "$200 fee...altered permit"....and words flew out of my mouth!! To my luck, the parking guy was still there. He told me I was lucky to show up or my car was about to be towed. At that point another parking guy showed up, then the tow truck. They waived the towing but they told me I had to pay $200 right then. I spent my Christmas vacation working extra hours at AFWA and it all went down the crapper right there. I had to pay then, of course I was not happy and being a smart mouth and asked if I could put it on my NCARD, since that rules the university and you can use it all over. But not this time.
So I proceed to be not so nice to the parking guy and he finally processes my fee. I think I am done here and I can go to work. NOPE! He then tells me I am banned from parking on campus for a year!! I think I just about burst out laughing when he told me this. Then he told me I had to go to the office to sign a paper. It gets better. He takes my drivers license from me just in case I take off and try to escape AND THEN the two parking guys escort me to the parking garage...one in front, one behind. All I have to say is thank goodness Jamie did not walk by during this, he parked in the same lot! I get to the office and I can see the parking dude showing my altered hang tag to all his little UNL parking buddies and laughing...jerks.
Needless to say, I found places to park on the street the rest of the semester and had to park in the garage the last semester there. Whatever...I am FREE!!! But like I said, it really doesn't matter now.
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment