Monday, February 5, 2007

Brrrrrrr....

Ok ok, I know I should not complain about the weather and being cold but it's cold here! I know everyone back home has had many more days of this than I have in DC. Right now the temp is about the same and it's not that fun. I think the wussy people here have rubbed off on me. Tomorrow will be another cold day but then should be better after that.

This weekend was fun. Turns out I have a cousin out here, he is about 40ish and has a family, he has been here for about 10 years now. He was nice enough to invite me over to eat with his family on Sunday. That was nice, even though they are strangers they are still family and we still have something in common. On Saturday night I ate with Wes and Gwen and Gwen's friends for her birthday. We went to Tara Thai, I have never had thai food before and it was pretty good. There were FOUR other Midwesterners there so that was cool. That leads me to another story.

Today at work there were some really really loud annoying guys behind me. Now these guys recap about their weekends every Monday for a good 45 mins. It includes complaining about everything and mostly their wives. Today one guy felt it was appropriate to make annoying noises also. So after the 5th stupid noise I got up and was ready to shoot them the "the shut the hell up!" eye. I walked over there but the cubical wall blocked me. However, on the way there this one cube had a Nebraska remote sensing map, just like the one in my old apt back home! I stopped in there, turns out the guy is from Nebraska, he is 35ish and went to UNL. He brother worked at CALMIT(before my time) where I used to work. This guy actually had Husker stuff up! He had pictures of his kids in Husker outfits, it was awesome!!!!! I'll be talking sports with him...hmmmm...wonder if he like baseball. The first game is the 16th!!!

In other news, running is going well. Turns out I like running outside when temps are around 30ish, its not that bad. Slap on a hat and gloves and go. I ran around my neighborhood the other day and that was nice. I think I can find a route by summer.

This week will be busy. The real boss is here tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday and half day Friday!!! It's going to be pedal to the metal the whole time. Late days and long meetings. But oh well, I"m hoping it makes the week go faster!

Well thats all for now.....


Days till mom arrives: 9 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Baseball......I am going to a afternoon Husker game in April. I know, I know...it will probably be cold but hey at least I get to make it to one game.

I hope everything is going good for you ~ Melissa