Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pretty snow!

This morning I woke up to big snow flakes falling from the sky. I love snow and have missed it since I've been gone. Here we don't get snow, we get ice and sleet...lots of sleet. I figured the big snow flakes would only last an hour and be done. But to my surprise they lasted a lot longer. I decided to head down to the National Mall to take pictures. I was going to take my big camera but the battery was dead! Thank goodness I wasn't back home on a hot storm chase. So I grabbed my point and shoot and figured it would have to do. I put on my boots, layered up, and headed out.

I got there and it was awesome! The snow was sticking to everything and there was no wind to mess it up. I was pretty amazed and it was probably one of the cooler things I've seen in my life. I walked all around the Mall and was getting pretty tired. At this point I wasn't cold or anything, my clothing was doing well. I managed to get pictures of the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, the Capital, the Jefferson Memorial and the White House. I really didn't want to head over to the White house, it involved more walking and metro-ing. But I talked myself into it. Somewhere between getting on the metro and off of it my boots decided to open up or something. I have no clue why but all of a sudden my feet were soaked! I still started walking to the White house and each step got worse. Then it started raining!!! Seriously?! I am a meteorologist and I have yet to learn why it goes from snow to sleet to rain? At home it is the opposite. My fun day was over then, I got to the White house, got my two stupid pictures and headed back. I stopped at CVS along the way to get a pop and that helped.

But all in all it was pretty cool. Who knows if I'll ever see the National Mall like that again but I'm glad I got down there. As for the pictures, since I don't have a digital camera yet I have to go one hour them. Which I could go drop them off, workout, get them. But that walk was a good enough workout in itself. Anyway, I'll get the pictures up soon enough!

No comments: