This past week has been a rough one, as you all know I've been out here in DC for about 3 months now. There have been good days and there have been bad days. But lately, things have just been rough. I find that I've been missing home more and more. So with alot of thinking I have decided that I am moving back home at the end of April. Bruce (my old AFWA boss) was here last Tuesday and after talking to him it turns out I can have my old job back!! We've been talking and he pretty much says its a go. Tigh and Nikki are still living in a 3 bd apartment and the other room is still open. So I would have a place to live. My three month lease with Alex just ended and I talked with him and told him I wouldn't be signing a new one, and gave him my 30 day notice. I know this is a shock to some of you. I tried not to talk about it and I really wanted to make it out here this time. That is why I didn't say anything. I guess maybe I'm just meant to be a homebody and stay in the state of Nebraska. Which there is nothing wrong with that, I think that is the place for me. So anyway, at least I'll be home for the Lincoln half marathon.
PS. APRIL FOOLS!
Did anyone fall for it? Let me know!
Ok, in all honesty everything is still going very good here. I've been here for 3 months now! I can't believe it! I'm a 1/4th of the way done. I feel like things are just starting now, the weather is nice, spring is here. I have made some friends but could make more, a lot more. I am getting familiar with the place. By this time with my OKC job I was moved back home already. I have noticed that I do miss home though. I miss the midwest and the people there. The biggest thing I miss is the openness, I thought I'd get used to that here...living in an urban area but it has yet to happen. I do like acting like I'm living the city life, which really I'm not. But not everyday do people back home take the metro and drive the beltway (be thankful for that).
I am ecstatic to go home! I can't contain my excitement. I just need to get through this week. Tomorrow I leave for Philly, I'm not very excited about that. I don't like being out of routine at all. And the idea of sitting in class from 9-5 isn't good either.
Yesterday I played tourist and went to the Cherry Blossom festival. They had a kite festival on the mall and that was pretty cool. The trees were really neat and now I can say I have seen it. There were tons of people there and I don't do crowds well but I managed. I met up with Wes and Gwen so it was nice to have company. Today I'm not sure what I"ll do, I'm just waiting to see if my joke tricked anyone. I'm sure today will have some running in it.
Anyway, happy April!
Days till I go home: 9 days!!!
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Shelley! You seriously had me there. I thought for a second you were going home. You were so convincing. I knew you wouldn't leave early, but you had me going!!! HA HA
OH you totally had me.....I can't believe it! ~ Melissa
Good one. I was about to call you.
Post a Comment