Saturday, May 19, 2007

Great Falls Park

This morning was one of those mornings where I woke up just cranky. I don't know why this happens but it does. My roommate's girlfriend likes making breakfast, its not just some cereal. She cooks things. This is fine and dandy but the kitchen is right below me. So I hear the cupboard closing and the dishes clanging. For some reason it annoyed the crap out of me this morning. I get up and then go and eat. I laid around for a bit but was still annoyed so I went to the gym to lift at like 9:30. Which is oddly early to go work out on a Saturday morning. After that I came back and I was still annoyed because today was "community day" around the townhouses. The parking was all messed up, there were cars all over. I walk in and my roommate is sitting on his butt as usual. I just wanted to be like, don't you ever do anything? Do you just sit on your butt all the time? I decided then it was time to get out and go do something. Its such a beautiful day. I needed to get outside. Luckily I remember about this park that the guys at work told me about. So I googled it and was on my way.

It was definitely worth the drive (it wasn't far at all, about 25 mins). I got there before it was crowded and went for a 3 mile or so hike...about 2 hours. These falls were pretty impressive for this area. Its so weird because its so urban but yet you can drive a little away and you are in this cool park. I think maybe my new hobby will be hiking. I feel guilty for not running, but this is why I was happy to have the half over, so I can go and do things like this w/out having to worry about training and getting my run in. It was a nice afternoon. Below are a few pictures. I should buy a camera, I now have a camera phone and I seem to use it all the time. I even took some pictures of little lizards I saw on the trail. Oh and then I saw a HUGE snake...Tigh's favorite creatures.

On a side note...family. You know, its a funny subject. I have a cousin who lives in the area but I have never seen him my whole life. But now that I live here we are supposed to be great family buddies. Its just weird how even though you don't know a person at all, if they are family they are automatically good people and you are supposed to like them. But I don't even know them. Ponder about that one.

My Thursday night tv lived up to the hype! The office rocked! Grey's well...it ended on a semi sucky note, the same way the end of the season was anyway.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are beautiful!

"The office" rocked... Jim and Pam forever!!!!!!